[Fuego] dbench no longer builds on any of my boards

Daniel Sangorrin daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Tue Mar 27 00:35:28 UTC 2018

Yes, it is  a killer.

> The previous dbench was building for all of my boards, and this one
> doesn't build for any of them (OK - that's only 3 toolchains, but still).
>
> The default debian-armhf toolchain doesn't include popt.h, nor
> does the yocto project SDK for aarch64, nor does the default
> debian x86_64 toolchain.

For debian toolchains all you need to do is install the libpopt-dev library.
Note, that I already tell you that  on the error message. We could add that
library to the Dockerfile and the arm toolchain installer script. However,
now I am thinking of a different approach. Currently I am fixing the kernel
build test, and I have added a "dependencies" item to test.yaml. The idea
is to keep track of the build dependences of each test separately not in
the Dockerfile where everything is mixed and we have no control.

For Yocto generated SDK, you would need to add the library to your sdk. Or
easier, add the dbench test to your target filesystem.

> Is there any way to work around or remove this dependency?
> Two options come to mind:
>  - patch the code to use something else
>  - include the popt code in the test sources, and build it before building dbench.
>
> Let me know what you think.

OK, I will work on that.

Thanks,
Daniel