[Fuego] LTP test split - was RE: Wiki docs for 1.3 release

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Mar 27 13:12:31 UTC 2018

One more thing I'd like to do for the 1.3 release, is to break off one
of the LTP tests (probably 'smack'), and make a separate test for it.
e.g. Functional.LTP-smack.

According to the patch by Liu Wenlong, this test had special setup
and cleanup issues, separate from the rest of LTP.  I think the code
for these should go into that test's fuego_test.sh.

I think that trying to handle all of the LTP sub-tests within a single Fuego
test is not practical.  There are whole sub-systems of LTP that have
different output formats (the OpenPosix test suite, the realtime tests)
and different methods of invocation, and it's difficult to manage them.
LTP may gain additional sub-test areas in the future, so we need to
deal with these differences - and I'd like to do it using existing Fuego
mechanisms.

My idea is to figure out a mechanism to share the build directory, so that
the host is not duplicating  1G of build space for each sub-test.  Any ideas
for this are appreciated.  We have sharing of build instructions and source
for netperf, OpenSSL and rt-tests, but I don't think we share the build
directories for these, when they are used by different tests (e.g
Benchmark.netperf vs. Functional.netperf).

Let me know what you think.