[Fuego] [Bug] bsd-mailx package has been removed from Debian repository

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Mar 27 17:39:27 UTC 2018

I haven't seen this, but it looks like I'm using my docker cache to build images.
This means I might not be seeing effects of upstream changes.

I'm going to try to bypass the cache, and try to reproduce this.

But in the meantime, can I ask a few questions to clarify the problem?

Is it the 'at' package that depends on bsd-mailx? I don't see it in the list for the
Fuego apt-get.  If it's not 'at', do we know which fuego-desired package depends
on bsd-mailx?

Does anyone know of a way to break a dependency with apt-get?
Can we just omit 'at' (or which package is requiring bsd-mailx' from the main list
and load it separately with 'apt-get --no-deps install <problem-package>'?

Isn't this a big problem upstream?  If upstream is changing and has broken
package dependencies, should we report this and see if there's a fix in
progress?

 -- Tim