[Fuego] [Bug] bsd-mailx package has been removed from Debian repository

Hoang Van Tuyen tuyen.hoangvan at toshiba-tsdv.com
Wed Mar 28 02:58:03 UTC 2018

Hello Tim,

On 3/28/2018 12:39 AM, Tim.Bird at sony.com wrote:
> I haven't seen this, but it looks like I'm using my docker cache to build images.
> This means I might not be seeing effects of upstream changes.
>
> I'm going to try to bypass the cache, and try to reproduce this.
>
> But in the meantime, can I ask a few questions to clarify the problem?
>
> Is it the 'at' package that depends on bsd-mailx? I don't see it in the list for the
> Fuego apt-get.  If it's not 'at', do we know which fuego-desired package depends
> on bsd-mailx?
The /at/ package recommends /exim4-daemon-light/ package,
/exim4-daemon-light/ depends on /exim-base/
and /exim4-base/ suggests/bsd-mailx.
/On my side, I have used option /--no-install-recommends/ for installing
the /at/ package as a workaround.
It looks like:

/RUN if [ -n "$HTTP_PROXY" ]; then echo 'Acquire::http::proxy
"'$HTTP_PROXY'";' > /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/80proxy; fi//
/*/RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get update && apt-get -yV
install --no-install-recommends at psmisc/*/
//RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get update && apt-get -yV
install \//
//        apt-utils daemon gcc make cmake python-paramiko python-lxml
python-simplejson \//
//        python-matplotlib python-serial python-yaml python-openpyxl
python-requests \//
//        python-reportlab libtool xmlstarlet autoconf automake rsync
openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jdk \//
//        iperf netperf netpipe-tcp sshpass wget git diffstat sudo
net-tools vim curl \//
//        inotify-tools g++ bzip2 bc libaio-dev gettext pkg-config
libglib2.0-dev \//
//        time python-pip python-xmltodict at minicom lzop bsdmainutils
u-boot-tools \//
//        mc netcat lava-tool openssh-server python-parsedatetime \//
//        libsdl1.2-dev libcairo2-dev libxmu-dev libxmuu-dev iperf3//
///
I have added installing the /psmisc/ package which Jenkins depends on.
Before, /psmisc/ was installed when we installed /at.

Best regards,
Tuyen
/

> Does anyone know of a way to break a dependency with apt-get?
> Can we just omit 'at' (or which package is requiring bsd-mailx' from the main list
> and load it separately with 'apt-get --no-deps install <problem-package>'?
>
> Isn't this a big problem upstream?  If upstream is changing and has broken
> package dependencies, should we report this and see if there's a fix in
> progress?

Hoang Van Tuyen (Mr.)
TOSHIBA SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (VIETNAM) CO., LTD.
16th Floor, VIT Building, 519 Kim Ma Str., Ba Dinh Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: 84-4-22208801 (Company) - Ext.251
Fax: 84-4-22208802 (Company)
Email: tuyen.hoangvan at toshiba-tsdv.com