[Fuego] dbench no longer builds on any of my boards

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Mar 30 16:35:09 UTC 2018

It's been in Debian since wheezy, so it's not an uncommon library, from what I
can tell.  But the safest thing, from a long-term standpoint, is to just include
a libz tarball in the dbench package, and build it with dbench.  A tarball is available
here, http://zlib.net/zlib-1.2.11.tar.gz
and it's small (under 600k) and builds easily.

> One alternative is to conserve the two versions of dbench in separate
> directories (dbench3 and dbench4)

That's a pretty good strategy for any time we have packages transitioning
between versions, and there are substantive difference that might break
the tests for different user/platforms.