[Fuego] [agl-discussions] [Question] depends error when i try to set up agl-jta

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon May 14 21:24:01 UTC 2018

Please note that I'm CC'ing the fuego mailing list, because I think this information
may be of general interest to the Fuego community.

We have worked on isolating the functionality of each phase.  What we have
may or may not be sufficient for what you want to do.

You can control which individual test phases to run via two different mechanisms:
If you are executing from the command line, you can use the -p option on
ftc run-test to specify the exact phases you wish to perform.  See 'ftc run-test help'
to see information about this.

There is also a variable used to control which phases are performed during the
test.  This variable is FUEGO_TEST_PHASES.  You can add a definition for this variable
in the list of commands that is in the Jenkins job definition.

The value of the variable should have a list of the phase names that you wish to run.
Allowed phase names are:
pre_test pre_check build deploy run post_test processing

So you could do something like this:
FUEGO_TEST_PHASES="run post_test processing"
and the test should skip the pre_test pre_check build and deploy phases.

However, note that most tests assume that the test binaries (and data) have
been deployed to the board, and are in the directory:
$BOARD_TESTDIR/fuego.$TESTDIR/

Fuego normally creates that directory before the test, and removes it after
the test.  If you are going to skip the pre_test pre_check build and deploy phases,
you need to either:
1) create the test directory on the board
2) put the compiled test program on the board in the test directory
(This has to be done before you perform the 'run' phase of the test)

or, if the test is already on the board:
1) change the test_run function, to reference the program in its pre-installed
location.

We have a few tests that look for an existing instance of a test program,
and use that.  See Benchmark.bonnie/fuego_test.sh for an example of
this, using PROGRAM_BONNIE.  We set PROGRAM_BONNIE in the
test_pre_check function, but you could also add this in the board file,
or in a dynamic board variable, and leave it set, doing something like
this:
ftc set-var <board> PROGRAM_BONNIE=/path/to/bonnie++

Then, you can skip the test_pre_check function and the variable will still
be defined for this board.  (Or, you could leave pre_check in the list
of phases to run for the test).

> And I have one more question,
>
> some projects has own jenkins system for CI, so I want to know how to apply
> fuego on legacy jenkin server not docker container.
>
> If you have any hint to do this, please let me know.

We have been working towards supporting this, and I think you can do some things.
We hope to have improved support for this eventually.

Right now, ftc is used to add nodes and add jobs for Fuego items to the Fuego instance
in the docker container.   The jobs will have command lines like the following (in the
job configuration):

    TESTDIR=Functional.hello_world
    timeout --signal=9 6m /bin/bash $FUEGO_CORE/engine/scripts/main.sh
    (along with some other variable definitions)

It should be possible to run the test with the following lines in a Jenkins job:
    ftc run-test -b <board> -t Functional.hello_world

The instance of Jenkins in the Fuego docker container will set JENKINS_URL and NODE_NAME,
which are used by ftc run-test.  You would have to make sure that the NODE_NAME used
by your existing copy of Jenkins matched a board name that existed in the Fuego configuration
at your site. (e.g. was present in 'ftc list-boards')

Having said all this, I'm not sure anyone has done this yet.  So you might be embarking
on new territory.  If you decide to try it out, please let us know what happens and maybe
we can get it working for you.

Thanks,
 -- Tim Bird (Fuego Maintainer)