[Fuego] Fuego without Jenkins and Docker

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon Nov 5 21:48:08 UTC 2018

This has been a goal for a while. There are some ftc commands you can run outside the container now. On a recent business trip (for the Automated Testing Summit) I made some patches for expanding the number of ftc commands that can be run outside the container. However, I ended up deciding that integrating the patches in the master branch was too dangerous right now, just before the 1.4 release. I'm trying to pin down the 1.4 release real soon.

The most important commands to run outside docker are "ftc run-test" and "ftc gen-report". Of these, 'gen-report' should be easy to get running outside docker. 'run-test' has a few Jenkins dependencies, but I don't think it would be a huge effort to make these optional.

I'm inclined to put the current work in my 'next' branch. Would you be interested in experimenting with this? If so, I could probably get something ready in a few days.

- - Tim