[Fuego] ANNOUNCE: Fuego Release v1.5.0 (Flame)

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Aug 15 03:27:14 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce the release of Fuego version 1.5.0, nicknamed "Flame".
Below are the release notes for this version.  There are a few outstanding bugs
that didn't get fixed in this release (that's always true), but overall the system is
a big improvement from the 1.4 release.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this release.

REQUEST:  Please test the release and let me know if anything in your Fuego
workflow has broken.

The release can be found in the master branches on the repositories on bitbucket,
for the fuegotest account.  The v1.5.0 release is available with:
 $ git clone https://bitbucket.org/fuegotest/fuego.git

See  http://fuegotest.org/wiki/Fuego_Quickstart_Guide for the instructions to install
this release.  Note that some instructions have changed.  Hopefully they have been
simplified from previous releases.

I did a pass over the wiki to update the documentation to reflect changes
in directory paths, default TCP/IP ports, and repository URLs.  However,
I may have missed something.  If you see something wrong in the Fuego
documentation please let me know.

Below is the CHANGELOG for this release.  A full set of release notes, with
detailed descriptions of new features and a list of new tests is available on
the fuegotest wiki.  Please see http://fuegotest.org/wiki/Release_1.5_Notes

Regards,
 -- Tim

-- CHANGELOG --
== [1.5.0] - 2019-08-14 ==
 * Added a new "batch test" feature
   * Added ability to manually group tests by batch-id, from the command line
 * Added some new functions to core, for use by test programs:
   * run_test
   * allocate_next_batch_id
 * Simplified directory layout for the Fuego system
 * Changed the default port to 8090, from 8080
 * New options to install.sh
   * Ability to specify the TCP port for the Jenkins server
   * Ability to build a docker container that does not include a Jenkins server
   * Ability to build a docker container without using the docker image cache
 * Ability to install Fuego directly to a host machine
    (not inside a docker container)
 * Upgraded Fuego base Linux distro to Debian stretch
 * Upgraded Jenkins version to 2.164.1
 * Added many new tests
 * Added prototype support for sending results to a Squad and fserver back ends
 * Added new transport: ssh2serial - for ssh to a control board to
    which the target board is connected by serial port
 * Added prototype support for board power management via ftc
 * Fixed output from serio, to support live update of the console log during
    a command