[Fuego] Similar Jenkins-based framework

daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Fri Feb 8 06:15:56 UTC 2019

Hello Rafael,

Thanks for your answers. I think I understand Hottest much better now.

> From: Rafael Gago Castano <RGC at hms.se>
[...]
>  On Hottest every parameter
>  is a Jenkins Job parameter, which has IMO the next advantages:
>    -Less things for the user to learn and for us to document.
>    -Parameters can have a help string.
>    -All parameters can be browsed visually on Jenkins.
>    -The standard Jenkins API can be used to trigger tests with different parameters

Right, this can be added to Fuego through the Jenkins "parameterised" tab. I have been thinking about adding that functionality since our messages 2 years ago. It should be possible now that we have a yaml file decribing the parameters of each test.

> -I fixed the README with many of your problems, excuse this. Your errors seem to
>  boil down to that on one part I wrote:
>  > JENKINS_HOME=<your desired jenkins install dir> scripts/install/jenkins-prepare.sh
>  And Github was rendering it as:
>  > JENKINS_HOME= scripts/install/jenkins-prepare.sh

Actually, I was reading the README from the command line so I didn't have that problem.
I will send you the steps I followed, please let me know if I did something wrong:

$ git clone https://github.com/HMSAB/hottest
$ cd hottest
$ git submodule update --init --recursive
$ sudo install sshpass gnuplot
$ pip install python-jenkins xunitgen sshpass jsonschema --user
$ wget http://mirrors.jenkins.io/war-stable/latest/jenkins.war
$ mkdir workspace
$ JENKINS_HOME=$PWD/workspace scripts/install/jenkins-prepare.sh
$ JENKINS_HOME=$PWD/workspace java -jar jenkins.war --httpPort=8080
	-> 2a234550b762468bb3a1c2bf7090b111
$ firefox http://localhost:8080
	- put unlock password: 2a234550b762468bb3a1c2bf7090b111
	- configure proxy
	- install suggested plugins
	- add user
	- $USER > Configure