[Fuego] How to add a Power-Controller and Console Server to FUEGO?

daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Mon Jul 8 08:13:11 UTC 2019

Hi Tim,

> From: Tim.Bird at sony.com <Tim.Bird at sony.com>
> > Instead, I proposed that we demultiplex "ftc power-on/off/reboot" within
> > "ftc", by using a switch on the $BOARD_CONTROL tool (e.g. pdudaemon, ttc,
> > adb), and let scripts call ftc power control functions in a nested manner.
>
> I think my objection to this was that I don't want ftc to become some kind
> of super-tool, and making it the abstraction layer for Fuego doesn't help
> with defragmenting this layer across multiple tools.  We could start there,
> and try to develop some ideas for handling the board management
> abstraction with multiple different board management layers, to see what
> shakes out as a good API here.

I have upgraded my patches to the latest version of Fuego and sent them to the list separately with a few warnings and questions. Note that the patches are only for discussion at this stage. BTW, I had problems installing fuego ("GPG error"), hopefully it will clean up tomorrow.

One of the questions I ask there is: how can I move from the patches I sent to the board management abstraction that you envision.

> Sounds good. Lets discuss all of this at OSSJ/ALS and FJ3.
>
> Are you going to OSSJ?

Yes.

Thanks,
Daniel