[Fuego] Tell me your Fuego issues - for Jamboree 2019

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Jul 18 07:13:46 UTC 2019

Thank you for raising this issue. I will add it to my list of items to discuss at  the meeting.
  - - Tim

Sent from Xperia phone

On Jul 18, 2019 2:53 PM, Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram <dhinakar.k at samsung.com> wrote:

Hi Tim,

I would like to put forth a requirement from Fuego.

I am not able to add here -> http://fuegotest.org/fuego-1.5/Fuego_Issues_List, hence explaining it here.

I would to implement login authentication in Jenkins which I think currently not feasible in Fuego.

The objectives are give below:

  1.  Host multiple projects and grant access to only users who are part of that project. No other users should be able to view the contents of the dashboard. Even logged in users can view contents only relevant to their project.
  2.  Logged in users of any project can be further restricted to view only jobs/tests related to their modules
  3.  Customer/Manager/Developer/SQA can be granted privileges based on their R&R (Role & Responsibility) in the project

There are various strategies that can be deployed such as 'Role-based Authorization Strategy', 'Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy' via corresponding plugins. But they are also not that extensive, may be need to be extended to achieve the above objectives.

If fuego can support the above features in the future version it will be very useful.

Regards,

Dhinakar