[Fuego] How to add a Power-Controller and Console Server to FUEGO?

daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Wed Jun 19 00:47:37 UTC 2019

Hello Heinrich,

I will assume that this is what you want to do, otherwise please let me know:

[FUEGO HOST] --TCP--> [MODBUS TCP/UDP]--power on/off--> [boards under test]
             `---SSH--> [Console Server]--serial port-----------^

> What would be the best practice to add such support to the FUEGO code?

For the power-controllers, I sent a patch to Fuego that adds support for PDUdaemon [1]. Unfortunately, it got stalled and never made it into Fuego. Perhaps I can revive that thread.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/fuego/2019-March/thread.html

In parallel, could you check if PDUdaemon supports your power controllers?.
https://github.com/pdudaemon/pdudaemon/tree/master/pdudaemon/drivers

For the console server, I guess that you can use the SSH transport support available in Fuego. I have never used a Console server. Does it use a different SSH port for each of the underlying serial port connections?. If that is the case, you will need to define the SSH_PORT on the corresponding board file at `fuego-ro/boards`. If you are using different user names instead, then you would need to set the SSH_KEY or the SSH user and password (LOGIN, PASSWORD) in the board file.

> Is there something ready that we could just reuse?

Hopefully, you don't need to add anything.