[Fuego] How to add a Power-Controller and Console Server to FUEGO?

Heinrich.Toews at wago.com Heinrich.Toews at wago.com
Wed Jun 19 09:05:08 UTC 2019

Hello Daniel,

On 19.06.19 02:47, daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp wrote:
> Hello Heinrich,

Yea, you're right that's exactly what I want to do!

>> What would be the best practice to add such support to the FUEGO code?
>
> For the power-controllers, I sent a patch to Fuego that adds support for PDUdaemon [1]. Unfortunately, it got stalled and never made it into Fuego. Perhaps I can revive that thread.
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/fuego/2019-March/thread.html

Thanks! I walked briefly through the thread and I find it reasonable to
use PDUdaemon for this purpose .. It would be great if it gets revived!

I think many will have this requirement ..

> In parallel, could you check if PDUdaemon supports your power controllers?.
> https://github.com/pdudaemon/pdudaemon/tree/master/pdudaemon/drivers

A Modbus driver is not included yet but it would be an easy task to add it.

> For the console server, I guess that you can use the SSH transport support available in Fuego. I have never used a Console server. Does it use a different SSH port for each of the underlying serial port connections?. If that is the case, you will need to define the SSH_PORT on the corresponding board file at `fuego-ro/boards`. If you are using different user names instead, then you would need to set the SSH_KEY or the SSH user and password (LOGIN, PASSWORD) in the board file.

Okay, thanks - I will try this. We are using ConnectPort LTS32 .. SSH
should be possible somehow. Until now we only used TELNET.

>> Is there something ready that we could just reuse?
>
> Hopefully, you don't need to add anything.

Just the modbus driver :)

Thanks & have a nice day!

Heinrich