[Fuego] How to add a Power-Controller and Console Server to FUEGO?

daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp daniel.sangorrin at toshiba.co.jp
Fri Jun 21 02:05:47 UTC 2019

Sorry, to be more accurate the dispatcher (a board or PC that executes LAVA slave) usually requires a network connection to download the OS image, kernel and test binaries. Then, the dispatcher provisions the board through a local ethernet connection or some other method (e.g., an SDCard gadget). In other words, boards usually (not necessarily if you have this SDCard gadget) require a LAN connection to talk to the dispatcher but the boards don't need to be connected to the Internet or to other segments (although sometimes having them connected to Internet could facilitate some tests).

In summary:
- If you want to reuse Fuego built-in tests as they are, you probably want to forget about the console server and just connect the boards to a LAN together with the Fuego host. You will not be able to do boot tests where you need to see the kernel boot messages, Fuego is not focused on that.
[Note] you may be able to run some of them by skipping the build/deploy phase as I mentioned before.
- If you want to write your own tests, then you can use Fuego with your setup. You would just need to add Telnet as a transpor to Fuego (I can help you with that) and then specify the Telnet port on your board files (I assume that telnet port identifies the serial port to use). Then you would need to have a separate tool for provisioning the board with the latest image and test binaries (e.g., burn the sdcard by hand, or use tftpboot etc). Your tests would just send commands, read the results on the serial connection (telnet) and parse them.
- You may also want to consider using a LAVA/LKFT setup instead of Fuego. This might be harder to setup though.