[Fuego] Introducing myself to Fuego

Srivatsan S srivatsan.s at pathpartnertech.com
Tue Dec 1 13:55:00 UTC 2020

Venkata,

See inline..

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 9:59 AM Venkata Seshagiri Pyla <
Venkata.Pyla at toshiba-tsip.com> wrote:

> Hello Tim,
>
> Thank you for merging the patches, I will update my local repository.
>
> Regarding Fuego installation problem:
> >Can you try a newer version of Jenkins, and let me know if you see any
> problems?
> I have tried with below versions and with both of them I got different
> errors
> 1. jenkins_2.204.1_all.deb
> In this version I got error as "Jenkins_cli.jar usage error"
> the jenkins_cli.jar options were changed from version 2.165.* and so I had
> to use the new options to make it work (
> https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2019/02/17/remoting-cli-removed/)
> I tried with removing the "--remoting" option and used default ssh
> transport option but still it did not work, I guess I have to investigate
> these options and make it work.
> 2. jenkins_2.235.5_all.deb
> In this version, 'jenkins_cli.jar' file is not found even in the changed
> path as per this ticket (https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-61717 ).

We have migrated Fuego to Jenkins version 2.235.3 sometime back. Recent
versions of Jenkins have the jar file named after the version, ie., --
cli-2.235.3.jar located in: /var/cache/jenkins/war/WEB-INF/lib. Hence, a
soft link was added in /var/cache/jenkins/war/WEB-INF to subvert the
problem. With this, you should be able to migrate to a recent version of
Jenkins and progress further.

/var/cache/jenkins/war/WEB-INF# ls -lrt
total 64
-rw-r--r-- 1 jenkins jenkins  1669 Aug 24 08:11 sun-web.xml
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root    root       19 Oct  8 06:44 jenkins-cli.jar ->
lib/cli-2.235.3.jar

Thanks,
Srivatsan

> I have currently paused the investigation as I can proceed to verify the
> LTP tests with --nojenkins option.
> May be in the next week I will resume this task and check this
> installation issue.
> Please let us know if you have any suggestion or feedback to this task.
>
> Thanks,
> Venkata.

This
message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the
individual(s) named. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are
notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in
reliance on the contents of this mail and attached file/s is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secured or
error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.