[Fuego] selftest instructions

Laszlo Sitzer laszlo.sitzer at native-instruments.de
Sun Jul 12 18:00:12 UTC 2020

Found the documentation in Functional.fuego_release_test/README.md.
So I run the following from the docker host

docker exec -ti fuego-container /bin/bash
ftc add-nodes -b fuego-test
ftc add-jobs    -b fuego-test -t Functional.fuego_release_test
ftc run-test     -b fuego-test -t Functional.fuego_release_test

Next problem I run into is that "sudo" is called at some point either by
the test script or by the fuego host scripts from the fuego under test.
I hotfixed by allowing the "jenkins" user inside the docker container to
use sudo without a password.

echo "jenkins   ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL" > /etc/sudoers.d/no-passwd

So I run the 'run-test' command again .... and end up with another problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/fuego-core/tests/Functional.fuego_release_test/test_run.py", line
15, in <module>
    import docker
ImportError: No module named 'docker'

Okay. So I install python-docker in the container (apt-get -q install -y
python-docker) ... and run again.
Same "No module named 'docker'" error. Which leaves me a bit puzzled as I
installed python-docker
as root using apt in the container ... and whoever is using it should be
able to pick it up (assuming the
jenkins user is executing the tests when I run ftc as root).

I will keep on digging and fixing. Just wanted to check if that is expected
or I am doing something fundamentally wrong here.
Just to be sure, I am trying to run the self-tests against the current
master of Fuego (not the branch that I plan to actually verify).
If someone could confirm Fuego self-tests are working for the out of the
box?

Best,

Lazlo