[Fuego] ftc add-nodes fails

Bird, Tim Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Jun 30 20:08:49 UTC 2020

First - thanks very much for the bug report!

This looks to be an issue with the str(e).  It would probably be helpful to see what that
exception is from the server.  You might try moving the do_add_nodes() outside the try/except block
(or just changing the generic 'except Exception as e:' to something specific that is unlikely for this
case like: 'except ArithmeticError as e:'

Then the exception should bubble up and maybe print something useful.

(Independent of what the real error is, that str(e) should be changed to something
that handles Unicode.  This is likely from some message from the server with a non-ascii
char in it.

> ```
>

> I am executing this inside of the fuego-container that I have built from current master branches of fuego.git and fuego-core.git repos
> and started using ./start.sh.
>
> I did some printf debugging on the python side and noticed the HTTP request is answered with HTTP 405.
> When looking at /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log I can see warnings/errors (ambiguous) and java exceptions.
>
> ```
> WARNING: Error while serving http://localhost:8090/fuego/computer/doCreateItem
> ```
>
> Anyone ran into this before?

I haven't seen it before, but it does look like the Unicode error is masking whatever the
real issue is.