[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] Security subsystem update

Balbir Singh bsingharora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 15:15:12 UTC 2013

James sounds interesting! I definitely look forward to reading the
summary on LWN. To be honest, I've not caught up with the security
world on the Linux side, but nested LSM, better definition of LSM
hooks are of interest to me.

Do you have any information on what the security is measured against?
What are the frequent threat vectors - where do you see them -
server/desktop/cloud/mobile, if so what approach has been most
effective - Memory protection (ASLR/DEP/SMEP, etc) or other
technologies like SELinux/AppArmor/PAM or a combination?

I am also keen to learn more about IMA/EVM and their real world uses
that the security maintainer/developers are seeing.

Balbir Singh.