[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] CPU power management (cpufreq, cpuidle) integration with the scheduler

Preeti U Murthy preeti at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jul 5 04:49:18 UTC 2013

On 07/04/2013 07:20 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of the PM core, cpufreq, cpuidle and ACPI, so I probably
> should participate in discussions involving these subsystems.
>
> In particular, during the upcoming Kernel Summit I'd like to have a discussion
> regarding the integration of the CPU power management (cpuidle, cpufreq) with
> the scheduler, as many people seem to be interested in that and it definitely
> is cross-subsystem.  I think the key people here would be Ingo Molnar,
> Morten Rasmussen, Preeti U Murthy, Catalin Marinas, Peter Zijlstra, Len Brown,
> and Arjan van de Ven.
>
> Kind regards,
> Rafael

Thank you for posting this. I would be extremely interested in
discussions around this. This is indeed a nice opportunity for us to
come together to discuss this issue.

Meanwhile we can discuss the possible directions in which we can move
towards this goal on LKML and as Catalin pointed out hopefully finalise
on a solution at the summit.

Thank you

Warm Regards
Preeti U Murthy