[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] discuss on challenges faced in real time systems and licensing

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jul 11 06:28:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:15:38AM +0530, Anandkumar, CB IN BLR STS wrote:
> Hi,
>
>                 I work for Siemens industrial automation division, which
> develops products using opens source components. I have 10 years experience in
> embedded system development using linux.   I want to discuss on topics related
> to challenges faced in using open source software like linux in real time
> environment like us and licensing related discussions.

Isn't the real-time minisummit a better place to talk about the real
time stuff?

As for "licensing related discussions", we aren't lawyers, so wanting to
talk about licensing issues around the kernel is not a very wise thing
to do.

Do you have specific licensing questions about the kernel that you feel
should be talked about with lawyers involved in the kernel?  Or is it
just a matter of your company's lawyers needing to get involved with
other open source familiar lawyers?

thanks,

greg k-h