[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] tip tree workflow?

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Fri Jul 12 17:27:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 10:16 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> On 07/12/2013 09:50 AM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
>
>> > Not really. The tip tree has three maintainers. Ingo Molnar, Thomas
>> > Gleixner, and H. Peter Anvin.
>> >

>> I would really hate to put out the tip workflow as the Universal Grand
>> Solution, but if there is interest I would be happy to talk at the
>> Summit about the tip tree workflow and highlight some of its pros and cons.
>>
>> It does generally seem to work, and it has gone through a fairly long
>> process of annealing by now to file down the rough edges.
>
> I think this would be a great discussion, and very appropriate for
> Kernel Summit.

Likewise, I would be happy to provide similar input and discussion
around how we run the arm-soc, two years into it.

And I suppose this might as well be my formal attend email saying that
I'm highly interested in participating in said discussions, given that
Arnd and I tend to be the third-most feeder of patches to Linus most
release cycles (behind Greg K-H and DaveM).

-Olof