[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML (was: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jul 15 22:38:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt at goodmis.org> wrote:

> Can we please make this into a Kernel Summit discussion. I highly doubt
> we would solve anything, but it certainly would be a fun segment to
> watch :-)

I think we should, because I think it's the kind of thing we really
need at the KS - talking about "process".

At the same time, I really don't know what the format would possibly
be like for it to really work as a reasonable discussion. And I think
that is important, because this kind of subject is *not* likely
possible in the traditional "people sit around tables and maybe
somebody has a few slides" format.

A small panel discussion with a few people (fiveish?) that have very
different viewpoints, along with baskets of rotten fruit set out on
the tables? That could be fun. And I'm serious, although we might want
to limit the size of the fruit to smaller berries ;)

Sarah will bring the brownies.

               Linus