[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Tue Jul 16 17:16:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 17:58 +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

> I think there is a way to get the point across without cursing.
> One can be clear and decisive without "bursting". It's easy to mistake
> cursing on the quality of the code for a personal attack.

What's wrong with cursing? It's just words. The more you curse, the less
effect it has. I seldom curse, but when I do, people jump and listen.
That's because I seldom curse.

I have two teenage daughters. I've never heard them curse at all, and
I'm not sure my oldest ever has. From a young age, I taught them that I
don't care what they hear, it's what they say that counts. I never
sheltered them from "curse" words. I taught them that curse words are
for when you really need to make a point and want everyone to listen to
you because you are really upset. The less you use them, the more impact
they have when you do. They took this to heart, and are saving it up for
when something big happens, because I can't get them to curse even when
I try :-)

-- Steve