[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML

Willy Tarreau w at 1wt.eu
Wed Jul 17 14:43:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 07:40:43AM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> Go look at Dreamwidth, the open source Livejournal fork.  It has a good
> code of conduct, so developers are civil to each other.  They encourage
> all patch submissions, and take the time to work with people who don't
> understand their community rules.
>
> The result: 75% of their developers are women.  If you give a flying
> fuck about diversity, and want to attract women to your open source
> project, your developers need to be civil, and not verbally abuse each
> other.

But this has nothing to do with a project's success or quality, gender
is not related. Are you suggesting that with more women the Linux kernel
would be a more successful project ? If so I think you're a bit biased.
In my opinion, only its good people make it a good project, whatever
their gender.

Willy