[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 17:15:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini at eu.citrix.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Steven Rostedt wrote:
>> The last thing I want to do is to lower the quality of the kernel just
>> to get a wider range of developers.
>
> Can we stop bringing the quality of the code into the discussion?

Can you please stop calling open communication abuse? First you have
to explain *why* it was improper in order to call it abuse, and in the
few examples that have been shown, it has been explained that the
behavior was justified (breaking the #1 rule by a lieutenant who
should know better).

> I think it's pretty clear that one doesn't need to be verbally abusive
> in order to stop bad code from getting into the kernel.

You can think whatever you want, others have already shown that
changing the tone of the message in the examples would have changed
the desired effect.

--
Felipe Contreras