[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML

Al Viro viro at ZenIV.linux.org.uk
Thu Jul 18 04:59:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 03:24:18PM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:

> > > Abuse is never justified, I hope that's clear for everybody.
> >
> > Depends on details of your definition of abuse.
[snip]
> http://outofthefog.net/CommonBehaviors/VerbalAbuse.html

"   "Always" and "Never" Statements - "Always" and "Never" Statements are
   declarations containing the words "always" or "never". They are
   commonly used but rarely true.
"

See above...  And as far as I can see in this thread, there *is* a pattern
of that by Stefano; should that be interpreted as verbal abuse?

> Key ones that apply to LKML communications:  belittlement, demeaning
> statements, hysteria, name-calling, raging and violent statements, and
> mocking sarcasm.

"   Targeted Humor, Mocking and Sarcasm - Targeted Humor is any sustained
   pattern of joking, sarcasm or mockery which is designed to reduce
   another individual's reputation in their own eyes or in the eyes of
   others.
"

s/individual's reputation/appeal of a bad idea being proposed/ and you'll
get something that is not only justified, but highly valuable.