[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] static checking; COMPILE_TEST

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Fri Jul 19 15:55:39 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:21:01AM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> Yes, this is exactly my point. There are outputs of analyzers (I give
> coverity as an example), but maintainers ignore those (one random
> example is at [1]). Then people which do not understand the code well
> enough, come up with fixes which are inappropriate.

These days Fengguang will send a warning to the person who
introduces the bug as soon as it shows up on a public git tree.
He does GCC warnings, Sparse, and Coccinelle.  I do the same for
Smatch warnings.  If you warn the right people while the code is
still fresh in their mind then it tends to get fixed.

regards,
dan carpenter