[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] Discussion of the new persistent memory devices and the storage/file system stack

Ric Wheeler rwheeler at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 10:55:15 UTC 2013

Hi Ted,

Having time at one of the break out sessions to discuss the impact of these new
parts and possibly other new storage devices (those that support atomic write,
new shingled drives, etc) would be great to have during one of the Wednesday slots.

The persistent memory parts do have impact that range beyond the scope of the
just the IO path since we also need to look at what it means when a reboot/power
cycle does not clean up state.

Key people to have in that discussion would be Matthew, Jens and Jeff Moyer who
has been active with the industry group looking at the application interfaces
persistent memory part should provide.

For my part, I would like to attend the Wednesday break out session if it takes
place, I don't personally see my attendance at the Thursday/Friday sessions as
all that useful.

Thanks!

Ric