[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] cpu scheduling / cgroups

Paul Turner pjt at google.com
Sat Jul 20 09:31:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

There's three topics I'm particularly interested in this year,

1) Scheduler:
The new load-tracking has opened up a lot of new development and
discussion on power-aware scheduling and load-balancing.  This is an
area we're becoming increasingly interested in as the relative
fraction of the power-budget used by the CPU continues to climb.
There's a grab bag of other scheduler topics for hallway track.

2) Cgroups
We are a major consumer of cgroups, with much of our machine
management infrastructure being built around them.  The discussion
regarding their semantics is important.

3) Transactions for applications
I'd be interested in the semantics Chris is proposing.  Most notably
how we can define co-ordination at the kernel/user space boundary more
efficiently.

Thanks,

- Paul