[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] kernel testing

Lai Jiangshan laijs at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 23 02:47:19 UTC 2013

On 07/23/2013 07:33 AM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-07-22 at 22:49 +0000, Myklebust, Trond wrote:
>
>> Just ask Jon Corbet to take at least 1 picture of the entire kernel
>> community mouthing "Thank you Fengguang" during the Kernel Summit photo
>> op... :-)
>>

> Last year I tried to give Fengguang a round of applause, and everyone
> just looked at me funny. Maybe this year people will appreciate him a
> bit more ;-)

Thank you Fengguang!

Will the kernel testing toolstack merge all LOCKDEP data from different instances/tests
in future?

When a system instance is booted with LOCKDEP, the LOCKDEP data is special of the instance.
It means that if the locking orders are different on the different instances,
the LOCKDEP can't find it.

example:(the kernel are the same in instance1, instance2)
instance1	instance2
lock(A)		lock(B)
lock(B) 	lock(A)
This may also be lockdead if the instance2 finally run the code of instance1,
vice verse.

So can we add some API to kernel to dump the LOCKDEP data when needed, thus
the kernel testing toolstack can merge all data to do a WORLD-wide lockdep analyse?

thanks,
Lai