[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] ACPI vs DT

Simon Guinot simon.guinot at sequanux.org
Sat Jul 27 10:33:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 01:49:27AM -0500, linux at roeck-us.net wrote:
> Quoting "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw at sisk.pl>:

> >>an object with
> >>your driver to

> >>contains an object
> >>doesn't?" and that's
> >>
> >>Hm this fits well into the topic of the thread.
> >>
> >>Atleast it seems like ACPI+ioport detection should be possible to
> >>combine in the same driver, so that if no PNP ID is found through
> >>ACPI, it can fall back to the ioport probing.
> >
> >Yes, that's viable in my opinion.
> >
> Sounds reasonable. I'll play with that and see if I can get it
> working on any of the boards I have access to.

At least on my boards, I am almost sure that the ACPI namespace doesn't
contain any ID related with the super-I/O. At the time this boards has
been developed, LaCie (the board vendor) didn't do anything to add a
such ID.

However, I will spend some time the next week to double-check that. And
I will also try to make coexist ACPI and ioport detection inside the
gpio-f7188x driver.

Simon