[Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] stable kernels, devicetree, process

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Sun Jul 28 11:14:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to attend the Kernel Summit.  I don't have any new topics that
haven't been raised already but a few that do interest me:

 - Stable kernels - I recently started work on a stable kernel for
   Linaro so am very interested in making sure that stable kernels
   work well and hopefully filling gaps in that process.

 - The devicetree discussions; there's a lot of process and working out
   what makes sense to people that needs to be figured out there for us
   to finish the job upstream in a way that works for the entire kernel
   (and for downstream where I was working with this until very recently).

 - The general process/social issues are obviously of great interest
   from the subsystem maintainence point of view, as are things like
   static checkers though it's not clear that there's a big issue with
   those at the minute.

Thanks,
Mark