[Ksummit-discuss] kselftest - What's in 3.17 and plans for 3.18 and beyond

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Wed Aug 13 08:35:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Grant Likely <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 01:13:07 +0900, Masami Hiramatsu <masami.hiramatsu.pt at hitachi.com> wrote:

>> I see, for that purpose, installing testcase may not fit.
>> BTW, how would it cover cross-build?
>
> I'm interested in this as well. I'm working on a tool that crossbuilds a
> very simple busybox rootfs and boots in QEMU for as many architectures
> as possible. I want to make it easy to sanity test all the major
> architectures. Right now it does little more than boot to a login
> prompt, but I'd like to get the kselftests into it also.

Hm that sounds like a goal similar to what Rob Landley has
described as one goal for Aboriginal Linux as well.
http://landley.net/aboriginal/about.html

If such cross builds are triggered from git pushes akin to how
Fengguang's 0-day is already working we are in a positive
flow I think.

Yours,
Linus Walleij