[Ksummit-discuss] kselftest - What's in 3.17 and plans for 3.18 and beyond

Kevin Hilman khilman at linaro.org
Wed Aug 13 15:00:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 07:26:28AM +0100, Grant Likely wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> wrote:
>
>> > While we're working on things like this it's probably worth getting the
>> > scripts Kevin, Olof and I use for build and boot test reporting (I only
>> > run them, I've not contributed anything) or something like them into
>> > scripts/ - they're pretty good and having a common format makes things
>> > easier when looking at multiple reports.
>
>> Where is the current copy of those scripts?
>
> Kevin's copy is here:
>
>    git://git.linaro.org/people/khilman/build-scripts.git

FWIW, that repo is just a hodge-podge collection of various build/boot
scripts I'm using.  I just cleaned it up a little and removed a bunch
of them that I no longer use.

They get the job done for me, but are certainly not pretty.

Also for boot testing, the main tool I'm  using is pyboot, which is
essentially a tool to automate u-boot/fastboot over the serial
console.  It relies heavily on conmux to abstract the console and
power cycling.

    https://git.linaro.org/people/kevin.hilman/pyboot.git

In any case, the combination of those build-scripts and pyboot are
what I'm using to generated the automated build/boot reports I'm
sending to the kernel-build-reports list (e.g.
http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/kernel-build-reports/2014-August/004862.html)

Kevin