[Ksummit-discuss] kselftest - What's in 3.17 and plans for 3.18 and beyond

Aneesh Kumar K.V aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Aug 13 15:06:25 UTC 2014

Grant Likely <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> writes:

>> > One of the goals is to leverage developer tests that we already have.
>> > When a developer makes a kernel change and wants to see if that change
>> > lead to any regression, having the ability to buidl and run selftests on
>> > the newly installed kernel withe the same source tree is very useful.
>> > That is the reason behind adding this new target.
>>
>> I see, for that purpose, installing testcase may not fit.
>> BTW, how would it cover cross-build?
>
> I'm interested in this as well. I'm working on a tool that crossbuilds a
> very simple busybox rootfs and boots in QEMU for as many architectures
> as possible. I want to make it easy to sanity test all the major
> architectures. Right now it does little more than boot to a login
> prompt, but I'd like to get the kselftests into it also.

I am interested in this as well, I will reach Chicago only on 18th
afternoon (due to flight availability issues). I have been using
https://github.com/autotest/autotest-client-tests for running sanity
tests on different kernel versions. It can be driven with sandboxed setup
using https://github.com/autotest/virt-test

-aneesh