[Ksummit-discuss] [Tech-board-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections and Nomination process

Tue Aug 19 19:03:38 UTC 2014

Update on current status

The elections for five of the ten members of the Linux Foundation
Technical Advisory Board[TAB] are held every year. Currently the
election will be at the 2014 Kernel Summit in Chicago, USA, at the joint
event on Wednesday 20 August at the museum of science and industry.  The
election will be held at 20:00 in a room specially reserved for the
purpose.   We now have ten candidates for election.  The first four are
incumbents plus six newcomers:

Chris Mason <clm at fb.com>
James Bottomley <James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com>
John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com>
Ric Wheeler <ricwheeler at gmail.com>
H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com>
Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu>
Grant Likely <grant.likely at secretlab.ca>
Josh Triplett <josh at joshtriplett.org>
Randy Dunlap <rdunlap at infradead.org>
Kristen Accardi <kaccardi at gmail.com>

Any candidate not present at 20:00 will have their nomination statement
read out by the person running the election (Either Jon Corbet or Greg
K-H).

Anybody wishing to stand may still nominate any time before 20:00 on
Wednesday by replying to this email (although nominations must be
received by 20:00 so don't wait until the last moment ... especially
with the networking problems we've been having at the Kernel Summit).

James