[Ksummit-discuss] Fwd: Rough notes from testing unconference

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Aug 25 09:23:29 UTC 2014

On 24 Aug 2014 19:14, "Guenter Roeck" <linux at roeck-us.net> wrote:

> On 08/24/2014 10:12 AM, Grant Likely wrote:
>> ktest depends on a rootfs from elsewhere. I'm only mildly familiar
>> with aiaiai, but it appears to be the same situation. The gap I see is
>> the ability to cross compile the kselftest test cases and the ability
>> to create a rootfs including the test cases for any architecture. A
>> tool to solve that problem should be usable by both ktest and aiaiai.
>>
> Exactly.
>
> Wonder if it would be possible to publish prebuilt toolchains on kernel.org
> which are suitable to create the root file system.

I want to experiment with crosstool-ng, and yes I think the binaries
should go on kernel.org. The current toolchains on kernel.org are
built by Tony Breeds using Segher Boessenkool's buildall scripts (gcc
only, no glibc). There are patches to buildall which will build a
libc, but I haven't had much success with them.

g.