[Ksummit-discuss] [kselftest] kselftest wiki (was RE: Fwd: Rough notes from testing unconference)

Shuah Khan shuahkhan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 02:55:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Bird, Tim <Tim.Bird at sonymobile.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, August 23, 2014 6:35 AM, Bird, Tim wrote:
>> Also, I've requested a 'test' wiki on kernel.org, where we can place
>> notes, ideas, and lists of things to work on, or things in progress
>> (like possible output format guidelines).
>>
>> I'll let everyone know when the wiki is set up.
>
> There is now a kselftest wiki on kernel.org at:
> https://kselftest.wiki.kernel.org/
>
> I believe anyone with a Linux Foundation account can edit it.
> I have put together a main page, along with a few sub-pages for
> some of the sub-projects (as I call them) that were discussed at
> the kernel summit.
>
> Please feel free to directly edit the wiki, or to let me know if
> there's any content you'd like to see placed on the wiki.

Thanks for doing this.

> P.S.  I have copied lkml and linux-api on this.  I believe this is the first
> use of linux-api for discussions about kselftest.  If the linux-api maintainers
> would prefer we get our own list, please let me know.

I spoke to a few folks and gave a heads up to Michael Kerrisk about using
linux-api for kselftest - so far no objections to using it. I sent in
a patch adding
entry for Kselftest framework to MAINTAINERS file with linux-api as the
mailing list. I have a git for this:

git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/shuah/linux-kselftest

I couldn't edit the wiki to add this detail even after logging into my
LF account.
Might have to request for access perhaps.

thanks,
-- Shuah