[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] kernel testing standard

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Thu Jun 5 08:30:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Mel Gorman <mgorman at suse.de> wrote:
> There is a hazard that someone bisecting the tree would need to be careful
> to not bisect LTP instead.

That may actually be a good reason not to import LTP...
I'd imagine you usually want to bisect the kernel to find when a regression
was introduced in the syscall API.

Is there a reason not to run the latest version of LTP (unless bisecting
LTP ;-)? The syscall API is supposed to be stable.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds