[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] kernel testing standard

chrubis at suse.cz chrubis at suse.cz
Thu Jun 5 08:44:38 UTC 2014

Hi!
> That may actually be a good reason not to import LTP...
> I'd imagine you usually want to bisect the kernel to find when a regression
> was introduced in the syscall API.
>
> Is there a reason not to run the latest version of LTP (unless bisecting
> LTP ;-)? The syscall API is supposed to be stable.

They mostly are (there are some errno changes from time to time, etc.).

But with each release LTP gets more test coverage and considerable
amount of bugfixes.

As we are still in a phase where we are cleaing and reviewing legacy
code, the amount of bugfixes is quite high. I guess that the amount of
bugfixes will drop in a fortcoming years but for now running latest LTP
is very important.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis at suse.cz