[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] "depth" of the tree of maintainers

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Fri May 2 19:42:12 UTC 2014

Is our tree too flat? This might turn into just a question to Linus than
really a discussion topic.

It seems to me (and it has been the case for a few past years, so it's
probably not an issue at the end of the day) like there are many places
where we are violating a natural tree-like hierarchy our development model
has, with many people sending pull requests directly to Linus instead of
going through sub-maintainers. Is this really a problem? If so, how to
deal with it?

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs