[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Reviewing new API/ABI

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Tue May 6 20:07:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, 6 May 2014 12:00:24 -0700
Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> We do have linux-api, which should be cc:ed for new api additions.  But
> it usually isn't :(

That's the first I've heard of that list. Maybe that's the reason it
hasn't been cc'd much. Hard to Cc lists that you don't know about.

/me goes to look in MAINTAINERS for linux-api mailing list. Nope, not
there.

git grep linux-api gives me:

Documentation/HOWTO:linux-api at vger.kernel.org.
Documentation/SubmitChecklist:    linux-api at vger.kernel.org.
Documentation/ja_JP/HOWTO:linux-api at ver.kernel.org
に送ることを勧めます。

Cool, it's in Japanese too :-)

Commit 1d992ce90 added the email to SubmitChecklist in 2008. Not
something I've looked at since :-/

I guess I should really look at the Documentation directory more often.
God, it's hard enough to get people to write documentation. It is even
harder to get people to read it. :-p

-- Steve