[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Dealing with 2038

John Stultz john.stultz at linaro.org
Wed May 7 17:28:35 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 07:07 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 03:06:27PM -0700, John Stultz wrote:
>> Right. So clearly I don't have all the details ready right this moment,
>> but I hope providing more detail above gives you a better sense of the
>> current proposals and some confidence that I'll try to do my homework
>> and have some discussions on lkml before the Kernel Summit discussion.
> Something else to consider is whether we would need to have some glibc
> folks present at the kernel summit if we want to discuss it there, and
> whether we should also think about also planning some discussions at
> the Plumber's Conference --- because there will certainly be userspace
> impacts that will need to be taken into account.

Do you have a sense of who might be a good glibc contact for this sort
of thing?

And yes, When I ran into Thomas at lsf-mm, we talked about splitting the
duty here, with me bringing it up at Kernel Summit as Thomas cannot
attend, and since I cannot attend Plumbers this year having Thomas
covering it there.

thanks
-john