[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Reviewing new API/ABI

Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) mtk.manpages at gmail.com
Wed May 7 06:27:15 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 09:00 PM, Greg KH wrote:

> We do have linux-api, which should be cc:ed for new api additions.  But
> it usually isn't :(

As I've just said in reply to Josh Triplett's MAINTAINERS patch, I think
they key here is persistence. Every time you see something that changes
the API/ABI, ask the submitter to CC linux-api (and CC linux-api on
that request). I try to do this now and then, but I catch just a few
drops from the LKML firehose. If enough people do this often enough,
I think there's a chance to bring this discipline to the culture.

CCing linux-api@ really would help a lot of people:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/linux-api-ml.html

Cheers,

Michael