[Ksummit-discuss] Reminder for kernel summit nominations

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Fri May 9 15:40:35 UTC 2014

-linux-kernel

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 11:28:05AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:
> > Thanks for all of the discussions on the kernel summit discuss list.
> > Thanks also for the three (3) nomination e-mails (and one person who
> > said they definitely weren't attending, so we could remove him from
> > consideration) which people have sent in.
>
> Were nominations required to be entirely separate email threads?
> There were a few suggestions for attendees made in the topic threads
> that don't seem to be reflected in the nominations list.

It's possible I missed some, which is why separate nomination threads
is easier.

I deliberately didn't include lists of names of "people that would be
useful if we're going to have discussion X", since we that presupposes
that we are definitely going to have a particular discussion.  If you
see someone who you think should attend regardless of whether we
decide to include topic X, please send a separate nomination.

(Also note that we can't necessarily include everyone listed on a
"useful for topic X" list even if we are going to include that topic
on the agenda.  We'll try to use some good judgement, but some kind of
priority listing or annotation of why someone was included, i.e., "we
need at least one of Foo and Bar from the glibc community, and either
Quux or Baz from the systemd community, etc.)

Thanks!!

						- Ted