[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH(CORE?) TOPIC] Energy conservation bias interfaces

Morten Rasmussen morten.rasmussen at arm.com
Mon May 12 10:31:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 03:23:58PM +0100, Iyer, Sundar wrote:
> [...]

Agree. Race to halt/idle is not universally a good idea. It depends of
the platform energy efficiency at the higher performance states, idle
power consumption, system topology, use-case, and anything else that
consumes power while the tasks are running. For example, if your energy
efficiency is really bad in the turbo states, it might be worth going a
bit slower if the total energy can be reduced.