[Ksummit-discuss] Fwd: [TECH TOPIC] QR encoded oops for the kernel

Andy Lutomirski luto at amacapital.net
Wed May 14 16:09:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> On 05/13/2014 12:08 AM, Josh Triplett wrote:
>>
>> Many users will already have a QR-code scanning app installed, and such
>> apps always support loading URLs in a browser.
>>

> Let me disavow you of the notion that stock scanning apps handle large
> QR symbols.

zxing can handle the bloody enormous QR code here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Qr-code-ver-40.png

I'll admit that it took a while to find exactly the right camera
position to get it to focus well enough :)

Anyway, point taken: it probably pays to keep the total size of this
thing under control.

--Andy