[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] QR encoded oops for the kernel

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Thu May 15 15:41:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:41:10PM -0700, PJ Waskiewicz wrote:
> Also, a big part of the original thought to having this topic at KS is
> to get all the right players in one spot, from kernel dev, kernel.org
> infrastructure, etc.  The *how* in building this reporting framework
> isn't hard, it's the *what* that needs to be hammered out.  And for
> something like the QR encoded oops project, it seems to be a missed
> opportunity to put it in the kernel, but have no usable framework to
> make full use of it.  That's the point of the discussion we're asking
> for, is to make sure it *will* be useful and give all the people who
> want to see this have a say in how it should be built.  I really don't
> think that type of discussion would be terribly effective or efficient
> via email.

I guess I didn't make myself clear.  I agree that the *how* things
should be built is better done via e-mail, or better yet, by the
person actually doing the work.  What I'm trying to push on is whether
we've identified *who* will do all of this work.  Not just the QR
encoding patches, but all of the associated work that is being
proposed in this thread.

					- Ted