[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] ARM legacy board DT conversion finalization

Peter Maydell peter.maydell at linaro.org
Mon May 19 22:41:04 UTC 2014

On 19 May 2014 13:20, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> On Friday 16 May 2014 23:20:42 Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> Versatile is one of ARM's own development boards, but more importantly
>> it's something QEMU can emulate.
>
> We should really have this in multiplatform soon, I think the last issue
> for versatile is common clock support, but Linus Walleij may have more
> details about what remains here.
>
> We should also make it possible to enable ARCH_VIRT for pre-ARMv7 to
> get qemu users to move over to that.

I think the main reason many people still use QEMU's versatilepb
model is that it has PCI. If you want people to move off that then
getting those "generic device-tree driven PCI" patches into the
kernel would probably be a good start :-)  At that point we can
reasonably easily add PCI support to the QEMU 'virt' board.

thanks
-- PMM