[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] PM dependencies

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Fri May 23 08:32:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Kevin Hilman <khilman at linaro.org> wrote:

> Of course, for many "simple" platforms, runtime PM get/put just ends up
> doing a clk_enable/disable, but on the platforms where runtime PM is
> slightly more... um, "interesting"... just doing a clk enable/disable
> won't do what you hope.

And drivers/base/power/clock_ops.c as invoked from
drivers/sh/pm_runtime.c does exactly that simple thing using
PM domains. Quite elegantly too, I'd say.

But now I get curious - can we define the "interesting PM" more
generally, like get the details out? And I mean like for a few different
platforms, I know OMAP with its hwmod is one such thing, but how
much interesting stuff do we have out there that we know we must
be able to handle?

Cc:ing in Peter De Schrijver who might have some interesting PM
to tell us about :-)

Yours,